Details, Details, Details!
So you’ve chosen your partner, picked out your ring, picked the day, your photographer and even your location (see last blog post!) What else do we need to talk about, right? EVERYTHING!
Because this is a surprise, we need to think through our ruse. Is it a picnic in the park? A stroll before dinner? Perhaps an early happy hour just because… Whatever the ruse, the more we plan, the better!
Your photographer can help with a number of these details:
- Picking up flowers, cookies, etc
- Contacting the location
- Working with vendors
- Advise you on best times for the best lighting
- Help with positioning at the location
Sometimes (if you share accounts with your partner), its better to work with someone else who is close to you so no suspicion is raised! We want to help make this day as easy as possible for all involved! And never underestimate the power of your future in-laws! They can always help with outfits, nails, transportation, etc! And in my experience, they love to be included, if possible!
Moral of the story… Think through the whole experience – and don’t be surprised if your photographer asks about a million questions just to make sure you’ve covered all your bases!
Here are some great places we have collaborated with in the past that are always in for being a part of the surprise!
- For the picture perfect picnic: https://popuppicnicskc.com/
- For delicious engagement cookies: https://www.sweetpetiteskc.com/
- For a beautiful flower arrangement: https://www.kcwildflower28.com/
- (vendors, if you’d like us to add your link here – just send us an email, we love finding new places to recommend!)
Next up… what to expect on the big day!